Entry Level Production Associate
Entry Level Production Associate
Looking for a great, entry-level job with room for growth that starts at $21 an hour? AND it gives you three day weekends? LC Staffing is hiring for a Flathead Valley manufacturer.
In this role, you'll be assigned to one of four crews who work either on a production line or on the finish end. To start in this position, the trainee will be assigned cleaning and laborer/helper responsibilities as they learn the different roles in production. Ultimately, a trainee could pursue, for example, any of the following production positions: Laborer, Sander Operator, Sander/Grader, Production Operator. Positions in the skilled trades (millwright, electrician, mechanic, boiler engineer, industrial carpenter) in quality (QC Technician, QC Lab Cut Up), log yard, and shipping can also be pursued. Eventually, positions in supervision and management can also be a part of your career path.
In this role, you'll:
- Have total commitment to working safe and following all safety rules and regulations
- Take responsibility for safely operating equipment and maintaining a clean workstation in each assigned area
- Support manufacturing by maximizing plant uptime and provide support in your stage of production
- Interpret work instructions adequately and successfully completing tasks as assigned
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to learn new jobs and skills
- Communicate with team members and leadership to improve safety and operating performance as well as meet job expectations
- All applicants must have a high school diploma or GED
- Resume detailing education and work history is required for consideration
- Documented work history
- Exhibit good performance, safety and attendance record
- Willingness and ability to learn new jobs and skills
- Good communication skills
- Must be team oriented
- Willingness to work any shift, including weekends, holidays, nights and rotating
- Willingness and ability to wear all required personal protective equipment
- Able to perform basic math and basic computer skills
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position, which includes climbing stairs, navigating catwalks, stooping, bending and exertion of more than 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or more than 50 pounds frequently, and/or more than 20 pounds continuously to move objects.
- Eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
Hourly Rate: $21.00 per hour
Healthcare Benefits: Eligibility is the first of the month after hire with the company. Benefit offerings include medical, prescription, vision, dental, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, short and long-term disability, long term care, voluntary life insurance.
401(k) Eligibility: after 60 days and includes an employer matching contribution and a retirement savings contribution.
All employment offers are contingent upon satisfactorily completing the following pre-hire requirements:
- Successfully completing a background check
- Passing a drug test
- Completing a baseline audiometric (hearing) test
- Completing a FIT test to wear a respirator
- The Entry-Level Production Associate will be assigned to one of four production crews.
- The regular shift schedule consists of 3 twelve-hour shifts, working a variable schedule which rotates days and nights.
- For example, one crew cycle would be on days, working 7:00 am until 7:00 pm for 3 days, followed by 3 days off.
- The second crew cycle would then be on nights, starting at 7:30 pm until 7:00 am.
- After another three days off, the third crew cycle would begin at 7:30 am on days.
- Since the operation is 24/7, production employees work holidays and weekends if their regular 3-day schedule falls on these days.