Electrical & Controls Technician
Electrical & Controls Technician
Are you looking for a career at a company that offers great benefits?
LC Staffing is assisting a local Missoula company hiring for an Electrical/Controls Technician.
- Supports PM systems for the Line, focusing on Maintenance Planning and Scheduling, Breakdown Elimination, and Anomaly Handling Daily Management Systems (DMS) primarily through execution of planned and unplanned maintenance activities
- Install, program, commission, troubleshoot, and maintain electrical and mechanical equipment, instrumentation, control, SCADA, and related information systems
- Maintain accurate records by developing, reviewing, and updating all electrical and controls drawings and P&ID’s
- Maintain inventory list of critical controllers and programs and manage revision control
- Develop backup SOP’s in case of system failure on critical controls systems.
- Review operator manuals and other established guidelines; ensure equipment and information systems are operated in accordance with established guidelines
- Develop and review control system strategies including written Sequence of Operations (SOO)
- Serves as a liaison to manufacturers, contractors, and other internal or external parties with respect to utilities equipment, instruments, electrical and controls related systems
- Perform controls related project management tasks for small to medium scale projects involving either new or existing equipment; manage capital projects from $2,500 to $50,000
- Stay up to date on current technologies – 40 hrs of training required per year
- Leads and participates in root cause (RCA) problem solving efforts on key chronic losses for the line/dept.
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities through participation in focused improvement teams and opportunity identification during the course of standard work
- Participates in the PM Revision strategy for the factory
- Supports the execution of Line 90-Day loss-elimination plans
- Provides feedback to the Technical Planner regarding effectiveness and quality of planned maintenance tasks
- Maintain, modify, and/or update equipment files, drawings, and any other relevant documentation
- Supports 5S activities
- Associate in Electrical Engineering Technology, Controls Engineering or similar field or a combination of 5 years’ experience with PLC programming, control system design, IT or similar work within industry or the military
- Computer literacy (CMMS, web browsers, and Microsoft Office Products)
- IT or information network experience
- Experience with BAS and DDC systems for HVAC and Utility applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Experience operating within a formalized Continuous Improvement Environment (TPM, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma)
- Licensed Electrician
- CADD experience
- ASQ Certified Calibration Technician
- Infrared Thermography Certification
- Work experience in a GMP environment
- Project Management experience – up to $50,000
- Required Competencies:
- Functional Technical Skills, Drive for Results, Action Orientation, Priority Setting, Problem Solving, Customer Focus, and Decision Quality.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude, ability to apply engineering principles, ability to learn, and willingness to be a team player
- Proficient in the use of common software packages including Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in programming/troubleshooting all versions of AB PLC-5, SLC, Micrologix, Controllogix, & CompactLogix controllers
- Proficient in programming/troubleshooting Siemens SIMATIC controllers year 2006-present
- Proficient in programming/troubleshooting AB, Danfoss, and Siemens VFDs
- Best practices for operating information systems (including SCADA), networks and peripherals relating to manufacturing
- Intimate knowledge of Arc Flash and electrical PPE requirements and the National Electric Code
- Reading and interpreting manuals, specifications, drawings, and blueprints
- Reading and interpreting meters, gauges, charts, and a variety of instruments
- Reading and interpreting design, PID, control, and electrical drawings
- Preferred Competencies: Listening, Creativity, Conflict Management, and Developing Direct Reports & Others
Working Conditions on the Production Floor:
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced light manufacturing environment.
- PPE requirements: safety glasses, respiratory protection, company supplied lab coats, and gloves.
- GMP gowning requirements: Hair net, beard guard (if applicable), shoe covers, and sweatbands as required.
- Factory Attire.
- Frequent lifting / carrying (10-50 lbs.).
- Frequent pushing / pulling (50-300 lbs) and frequent bending and stooping.
- Frequent handling / gripping (parts, tools, etc.).
$25+/hour (Depending On Experience)
Get in touch! Call or text Nate in our LC Staffing Missoula Office at 406-542-3377.