Chief Financial Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Please note: Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 10 years experience in government contracting accounting / finance as a CFO or Sr. Financial Leader.
Global professional services firm is looking to add a CFO to their Executive Leadership Team in the beautiful mountains of Northwest Montana. With 10 subsidiaries, they specialize in providing professional products and services in aerospace, critical mission support, and engineering & security solutions.
CFO is responsible for directing and overseeing all finance and accounting functions of the company and its subsidiaries using GAAP, current trends, and regulations. CFO reports to and works under the direct supervision of the CEO and serves as a key financial business partner to senior executives and provides analysis and review of potential business investments using predictive analytics to create successful business models with identified risks. CFO will execute on the company’s strategic financial and business plan as well as be responsible for the day to day and long term strategic planning of cash management, banking relationships and borrowing decisions, short and long term budget planning and reporting of timely and accurate financial results.
This is a full-time, long-term, direct hire position in Northwest Montana, a location that provides clean air, moderate climate, access to national forests and trails to hike and bike with fishing access and two nearby ski areas. If you have a passion for the outdoors, Northwest Montana is a perfect place for outdoor recreation while still being close enough to Missoula, a college town that offers big city amenities and Kalispell which is a quick 30 minute drive to Glacier National Park. CFO can work from home 3 to 4 days per week making residing in Kalispell or Missoula an option.
Salary: $240,000 annually plus bonuses and relocation assistance available
Schedule: Monday through Friday with remote work options
Why you want this position:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement, life, and AD&D
- Health Savings Account
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, jury duty, bereavement pay, and disability benefits.
- Employee Assistance Program available to employees and their entire family.
- Childcare options, onsite cafeteria, 2-mile walking path around the grounds.
- Tuition Assistance and reimbursement
- Hybrid work schedule, working 3 to 4 days from home
- Starting salary of up to $240K not including bonuses and relocation assistance available
Specific responsibilities include:
Finance and Accounting
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization regarding long term operational goals, budgets and forecasts. Provide insight and recommendations to both short and long term growth plan.
- Manage the cash-flow position of the company. Responsibility includes authority to establish credit and collections and purchasing policies to establish schedules for payment of bills and financial obligations and ensure the accuracy, completeness, and integrity of the organization’s finance statements.
- Administer banking arrangements and loan agreements, receives, has custody of and disburses the company’s monies and securities.
- Maintain adequate sources for the company’s current borrowings from commercial banks and other lending institutions. Invest the company’s funds as appropriate and/or directed by the CEO.
- Ensure the maintenance of appropriate financial records and preparation of required financial reports.
- Execute and monitor compliance with regulatory aspects of government contracting including billing practices, FAR and GAAP compliance to include development and documentation of processes for selected functions within the finance group.
- Oversee the granting of credit and the collections of accounts due the company.
- Maintain and monitor the costing structures (capital structure and liquidity to support the business), maintaining a comparison to community, national and regulatory standards: ensuring a competitive and cost-effective structure.
- Identify, acquire, and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information.
- Provide sound fiscal management by development, implementing, and monitoring approved policies, procedures and processes.
- Responsible for the selection, promotion, and placement of key Finance personnel.
- Act as a strategic business partner to senior executive leadership team.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership using predictive analytics to support decision making issues affecting the organization.
- Evaluate ongoing financial planning tools to support the strategic planning process and ensure necessary resources are secured.
- Maintain relationships with financial institutions in conjunction with the CEO.
- Oversee the annual budgeting process and ensure timely and accurate follow up
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by LLC, forecast and budget, and cashflow.
- Responsible for the proper reporting of compliance with GAAP, FASB requirements, compliance with FAR, CAS, DCAA, SBA and other government accounting for receipts, expenditures and payments, accounting for deferred taxes, reporting and valuation of intangible assets, reporting depletion expenses for both financial and tax purposes, and responsible for overseeing all audits.
Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 10 years experience in government contracting accounting / finance as a CFO or Sr. Financial Leader. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required and a MBA is preferred.
If interested in a career position with an organization that truly gives back to the community, while living and working in one of the best places on Earth, get in touch today for more details.
And as always, there is never a charge to use our Professional Placement Services.
Email resume or inquiry to [email protected] or call 406-407-7988.